2019 AFAN Astrology Conference and Study Scholarships & Grants
To All AFAN Members:
Your AFAN Steering Committee is happy to announce AFAN will award $4300 in scholarships to the membership for 2019. The purpose of these scholarships is to provide members with the resources to further their astrological knowledge and enhance their professional skills. Please note that in order to be eligible to apply for a scholarship you must be a member in good standing at the time of application and through the time of redeeming the award.
The following are the scholarships you may apply for as a benefit of your membership with AFAN:
(4) $300 Conference-of-Your-Choice Scholarships (such as NORWAC, NCGR, ISAR, or similar conferences). Recipients of the Conference of your choice scholarships will be required to assist for 1 hour minimum per day with AFAN activities at the conference, such as at the organization table, etc., if applicable.
(3) $700 Full Conference Scholarships, for registration, hotel, and meal expenses at a conference of your choice. Recipients of the Full Conference Scholarships will be required to assist for 1 hour minimum per day with AFAN activities at the conference, such as at the organization table, etc., if applicable.
(2) $500 Study Stipends. Applications will be accepted for one course or term of study online or in person, up to a maximum of $500. Eligible classes for this category must be publicly listed on a website and have a stated curriculum.
HOW TO APPLY:
All current AFAN members in good standing are eligible to apply for the scholarships. Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include:
- The specific scholarship(s) you are applying for
- A short explanation of your background in astrology so far
- How the scholarship would help you further your aims in astrology
- A statement of financial need
For study stipend grants only, please also include the cost for the specific study term or project proposal. For all awards, your application must be received by March 8th, 2019. Scholarship recipients will afterward write a brief article about their experiences to be published in the AFAN newsletter. Conference scholarship recipients will also assist with AFAN activities during the conference attended. All applicants will be notified of results by March 22, 2019.
Your 2019 AFAN Scholarship Committee Co-Chairs
Giulio Rocco Pellegrini & Nate Craddock