International Astrology Day
The results of the International Astrology Day Logo Design Contest will be announced by the end of January 2019
This document describes the official rules ("Official Rules") of the International Astrology Day ("IAD") organized by the Association For Astrological Networking ("AFAN"), (the "Contest"). The object of this contest is to design a logo for IAD. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
International Astrology Day was created in 1993 by AFAN. The purpose of IAD is to promote the positive aspects of astrology worldwide.
IAD typically falls on the first day of the astrological year, on the Vernal Equinox (March 19-22). For the 25th Anniversary of International Astrology Day, AFAN is excited to announce our first IAD Logo Contest.
- The Contest is open only to individuals. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions.
- Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing to enter into a contract with AFAN as required below.
How to Enter
- Initial entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS/PDF format, and also as a JPG, as well as the description of design(no more than 500 words). See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
- The email must include the name, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
- No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- The deadline for Entries is midnight (one minute after 2359) on 31st January 2019, Pacific Daylight Time.
- We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.
Subject to the submission guidelines, the winning design will be announced before 2019 Vernal Equinox. The 1st place winning designer will receive:
- A $300 cash prize
- A 1-year complimentary membership or renewal membership of AFAN
- The right to use the basic logo and identify him/herself as the logo designer
Also, the top 5 nominees will get 1-year AFAN membership for free or renewal 1-year membership of AFAN.
- 1st round selection: AFAN Steering Committee vote and select Top 5 designs as nominees.
- 2nd round selection: AFAN members vote by email and select top 1 winner among 5 nominees.
Starting in 2019, the winning logo of IAD will be used online, in print, on merchandise by AFAN or any other authorized entities by AFAN until the next logo contest.
We are looking for unique and original logos (in other words, this design must be original and not part of any other copywritten work) created by members of the astrological community. The winning logo will incorporate the text "International Astrology Day". The logo will be used on various platforms, from print to web, so the design must be submitted in vector format (.ai, .eps, .pdf). The logo can be in color or in black and white; it is up to you to decide. Photos, jpeg, gif, png, or other low quality submissions will not be accepted. VECTOR ONLY.
Your logo submission must include a short write up explaining the inspiration behind your design.
The limit on attachment sizes for our email is 5Mb. If your submission exceeds this size, even after compression, please send the images individually and note clearly in your emails that you are doing so.
- No more than 3 entry per person
- Submissions must be in vector format (.ai, .eps, .pdf), fitting on an 8"x11" document
- Submissions must include a short paragraph or write up about yourself and your design
- All submissions must be original, having no similarity to any other design out there, and not in violation of copy write laws
- The final winning entry will be used by AFAN on several media platforms and the Entrant agrees to transfer all right and title of the Entry to AFAN in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest
- Top 5 design will be voted by AFAN Steering Committee. Among Top 5 designs, the final winner will be voted and selected by the members of AFAN. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and AFAN in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and AFAN and relating to the Contest.