Scholarships & Grants
The Association for Astrological Networking steering committee is happy to announce that AFAN will be awarding $3000 in scholarships for 2016. The purpose of these scholarships is to provide members with the resources to further their astrological knowledge and enhance their professional skills.
Please note that in order to be eligible to apply for a scholarship you must be an AFAN member in good standing for the year 2016 when you submit your application.
The following are the scholarships available this year as a benefit of your membership status within AFAN.
- Two $300 Conference-of-Your-Choice Scholarships (such as AFA, ISAR, NORWAC, NCGR, SOTA, or similar conferences) Recipients of the conference of your choice scholarships will be required to serve a minimum of one-half hour per day at the AFAN booth during the conference.
- Two $700 Full Conference Scholarships, for registration, hotel and meal expenses at a conference of your choice. Recipients of the Full Conference Scholarships will be required to serve a minimum of 1 hour per day at the AFAN booth during the conference.
- Two $500 Study Stipends. Applications will be accepted for one course or term of study online or in person, up to a maximum of $500. Eligible classes for this category are those available through a school/association/etc., which offers multiple teachers or styles rather than private tutoring.
How to Apply:
All current AFAN members in good standing are eligible to apply for the scholarships. Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com and should include:
- The specific scholarship(s) applied for.
- A short explanation of your background in astrology so far.
- How the scholarship would help you further your aims in astrology.
- A statement of financial need.
For study stipend grants only, please also include the cost for the specific study term or project proposal.
must be received by April 8, 2016.
Scholarship recipients will write a brief article about their experiences to be published in the AFAN newsletter. Conference scholarship recipients will also assist at the AFAN membership table during the conference attended.
All applicants will be notified of
results by April 15, 2016.
Any questions/comments about AFAN’s 2016 Scholarships should be addressed to:
Frank Piechoski and/or Nadiya Shah,
Scholarship Committee Co-Chairs