– Volunteering with AFAN
AFAN has started a pilot program to help us all network at conferences — and afterwards! We are compiling and distributing a Voluntary Roster of everyone who is there. By “voluntary” we mean that only people who wish to participate are included. We arrange the names geographically, and you can include an e-mail address and phone number, too. The list is then inserted in the registration packets so that everyone gets a copy.
It is a great way to see who is attending from your area and look them up. It also makes it easier to get in touch with each other after the conference. We have already done Voluntary Rosters for ISAR (International Society for Astrological Research), MAC (The Midwest Astrology Conference), NCGR (National Council of Geocosmic Research), NORWAC (Northwest Astrology Conference), SOTA (State Of The Art), and will be compiling one for UAC. Many of you took the time to send positive comments about the list, and here are a few:
- thanks for this opportunity to find others in my area
- what a great idea…sometimes we travel far and wide just to meet a neighbour
- I think this is a marvelous way to see who you know who is also at the conference
- so many lose names and addresses of those they meet at a conference
- thanx for this service, there are so few astrologers around to communicate with
So if you are planning a conference, let us know. And if you are going to a conference, sign up for the Voluntary Roster! Networking makes us stronger.